What is coronavirus? | Types of coronavirus | Symtops | Transmision | Cure and Preventive measure
A new deadly virus, known as coronavirus is spreading very fastly these days. This virus is originated in the city of Wuhan (China) but cases have now been reported worldwide. Nearly 2,000 people in China have been infected and at least 50 killed by the disease. This virus basically affects the respiratory tract of mammals, including humans.
A coronavirus was first isolated in 1973 from an infectious bronchitis virus in birds that have the ability to seriously devastate poultry stock.
Over the last 70 years, scientists have found that coronaviruses can infect mice, rats, dogs, cats, turkeys, pigs and castles.
Types of coronavirus
- 229E (alpha coronavirus)
- NL63 (alpha coronavirus)
- OC43 (beta coronavirus)
- HKU1 (beta coronavirus)
There are six types of coronavirus that can affect human. Some common types are mentioned above.
Fast facts about coronavirus
The person who is affected by the coronavirus will show similar symptoms like the common cold or flu.
- a running nose
- a cough
- in a few cases, fever
- a sore throat
- exacerbated asthma
A person will have to be careful because it is difficult to differentiate between the common cold and coronavirus disease.
Transmission of coronavirus
Coronaviruses can spread in the following ways:
- Coughing and sneezing without covering the mouth can disperse droplets into the air, spreading the virus.
- Touching or shaking hands with a person that has the virus can pass the virus from one person to another.
- Making contact with a surface or object that has the virus and then touching your nose, eyes, or mouth.
- On rare occasions, a coronavirus may spread through contact with faces.
Cure and preventive measures of coronavirus
There is no cure for this virus, so treatment includes the taking care of yourself.
- Stay away from the infected person.
- Rest and avoid overexertion.
- Drink enough water.
- Avoid smoking and smoky areas.
- Take acetaminophen, ibuprofen or naproxen to reduce pain and fever.
- Use a clean humidifier or cool mist vaporizer.