What are Olympiad Exams?
Olympiad Exams are administered by The Olympic Science Foundation, which is a non-Profit organization based out of Delhi. The exam is of a competitive nature and is conducted on the basis of the curriculum of various school boards. It tests the knowledge of students from classes 1 to 12 on subjects like Science, Mathematics, Computer Education, General Knowledge, and English.
Importance Of Olympiad Exams in India?
Olympiad Exams are aimed at preparing and evaluating students for better reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills. It prepares students from an early age for the different types of competitive exams. These exams also help in correcting understanding gaps in students from an early stage.
Benefits Of Olympiad Exams For a Student?
It nurtures analytical and problem-solving skills in students from a young age.
- Helps in improving the conceptual understanding of subjects.
- Familiarise students with the exam pattern and environment of competitive exams, hence prepares them through practice.
- Gives exposure to students as these exams are held at National as well as
- Overall improvement in students’ aptitude and understanding through regular testing.
- Helps in sharpening the thinking and learning process in students by simulating exams, Hence prepares them for the future.
How to Participate in Olympiad Exams?
Olympiad exams are conducted through registered schools that participate in the Olympiad,
But individuals can participate in Olympiads too if their school is not registered. Here’s How –
Through School –
One can take part in the Olympiad exams easily if the exams are conducted in their school. Almost all the Olympiads institutions consider participation from school only.
As an Individual –
If your school does not conduct Olympiad exams and you want to sit for one then you can
register for CREST Olympiads or NSTSE Olympiads (which is organised by Unified Council).
These two organizations take in Individual as well as School participation for the exams.
List of all the important school level Olympiad Exams held in India:
Given below is the list of all the important school level Olympiad Exams that are held in India –
- CREST Cyber Olympiad (CCO)
- CREST Science Olympiad (CSO)
- CREST Mathematics Olympiad (CMO)
- CREST English Olympiad (CEO)
- CREST Reasoning Olympiad (CRO)
- CREST International Spell Bee (CSB)
Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)
- National Cyber Olympiad (NCO)
- National Science Olympiad (NSO)
- International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO)
- International English Olympiad (IEO)
- International General Knowledge Olympiad (IGKO)
- Unicus Science Olympiad (USO)
- Unicus Mathematics Olympiad (UMO)
- Unicus English Olympiad (UEO)
- Unicus Cyber Olympiad (UCO)
- Unicus General Knowledge Olympiad (UGKO)
- Unicus Critical Thinking Olympiad (UCTO)
International Assessment for Indian Schools
- IAIS Science
- IAIS Mathematics
- IAIS Digital Technologies
- IAIS English
Silver Zone Foundation
- International Informatics Olympiad (IIO)
- International Olympiad of Mathematics (IOM)
- International Olympiad of Science (IOS)
- International Olympiad of English Language (IOEL)
- International Talent Hunt Olympiad (ITHO)
- International Reasoning & Aptitude Olympiad (IRAO)
- SmartKid General Knowledge Olympiad (SKGKO)
- International French Language Olympiad (IFLO)
- ASSET Mathematics
- ASSET Science
- ASSET English
- Hummingbird General Knowledge Olympiad (HGO)
- Hummingbird Cyber Olympiad (HCO)
- Hummingbird Science Olympiad (HSO)
- Hummingbird Mathematics Olympiads (HMO)
- Hummingbird English Olympiad (HEO)
- Eduheal International Cyber Olympiad (ICO)
- Eduheal – International English Olympiad (IEO)
- National Interactive Maths Olympiad (NIMO)
- National Interactive Science Olympiad (NISO)
- International General Knowledge Olympiad (IGO)
- Unified Cyber Olympiad (UCO)
- National Level Science Talent Search Examination (NSTSE)
- Unified International English Olympiad (UIEO)
In Which subject these exams are conducted
The Olympiad exams test students on the following subjects –
- General Knowledge
- Cyber or IT
- Spell Bee
Standard Procedure for participating in the Olympiads
SOF conducts the Olympiads in which students from classes I to XII can participate. The exams are conducted on two levels –
The first level is of an objective nature, where different exam papers are set for each class. The question paper for classes I to IV contains 35 multiple questions of a total of 40 marks and the question paper for classes VI to XII contains 50 questions for 60 marks. Students are expected to complete the tests in an hour by marking in the provided OMR sheets.
Selective participation is observed in the second level of the Olympiad exam in which from 200000 participating students only 500 top students are selected. These students consist of 10 toppers from each state as well as toppers from individual schools with more than 10 participating students.