Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on Tuesday held live interaction with students and teachers and ruled out conducting board examinations for classes 10 and 12 post February next year in view of COVID-19 situation. He said cancelling the board exams and promoting students will in a way put a stamp on the students. The pupils might face trouble in getting jobs and admission to higher education in future. Pokhriyal also said that at present there is no possibility of conducting the board exams in online mode. However, he added that the decision on when the exams will be conducted will be taken later after due consultations and assessment of the situation.
Interacting further, the education minister added that the CBSE board exams 2021 will be held on a reduced syllabus. “Over 30% of the total syllabus has been cut and some states have also announced a similar move while others are expected to do the same. There will also be 33 per cent internal choices in the exam,” he said.
Notably, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) had earlier this month announced that board exams in 2021 will be conducted in written mode and not online.