1. The National Geographic Society was founded on January 27th, 1888. It was formed by 33 men who were a group of geographers, explorers, teachers, lawyers, cartographers, military officers, and financiers. They created it because they all had an interest in scientific and geographical knowledge and wanted to share with everyone.
2. According to the Guinness World Records, the oldest continuously used national flag is the Dannebrog or Danish cloth, the flag for Denmark. It is been in use since the 1370s.
3. Eating a late-night snack right before bed can increase your metabolism and can cause you to have nightmares. Because of the increase in metabolism, it signals the brain to become more active and causes scary dreams.
4. The human stomach can hold up to 1.5 liters of liquid at any given time. It can also hold up to 16.91 cups of food when it’s fully distended. That’s about 15 times the normal size.
5. The tree with the longest leaves in the world is the Raffia Palm which is native to some African countries. Each leaf can be up to 24.4 meters long and up to three-meter wide.